Our clients consist primarily of maturing citizens who need a little extra assistance getting to and completing their medical appointments, errands, and social outings. We also provide transportation services for people being discharged from hospitals and day surgery clinics.
To find out more about our services simply call our offices at 613-709-WISE (9473) or email us at Info@WheelsForTheWise.com.
Yes, and we can even provide the wheelchair for you while you are in our care if you don’t have your own.
Our phone line is available 24/7 and all messages are returned on the same business day.
The more notice you can provide us with the better. We ask for at least 24 hours but will accommodate last minute bookings based on availability.
If you need to cancel an outing please notify us as soon as possible. As we have a vehicle and driver reserved specifically for you, if you do not provide us with at least 24hours notice, minimum cancellation charges will apply.
Yes. Simply call us for a quote. Minimum charges will apply.
1. Once we arrive at the dwelling we go directly to the client’s door, whether it be a single dwelling unit or multiunit complex. This ensures that our clients are never left waiting in an entry way or looking out their front window.
2. After introducing ourselves we ask the client, as a reminder, if they have all documentation required for their outing, for example: health card, hospital card, current list of medications, requisitions, etc. Once this is confirmed, we will ensure the client is dressed properly for the weather and that he or she has any necessary mobility aids (ie. Walker).
3. We provide complete physical and cognitive assistance for the duration of the outing to help with everything from: transferring in and out of the vehicle, storing walking devices, helping client to understand questions on a form, ensuring that follow-up appointments are recorded, taking general notes regarding the medical appointment (no medical instructions), helping in the pick-up of prescriptions, etc.
4. Once the client is back home we help them thorough their door to ensure they are safely inside their residence. After which we confirm their front door is locked prior to departing.
1. When we arrive at the residence we sign in at the front desk, and then proceed directly to the nursing station to announce our arrival.
2. Prior to going to the client’s room we will request all required documentation for the outing, for example: health card, hospital card, current list of medications, requisitions, etc. from the nursing station. At this point the client is signed out.
3. We then go to the client’s room/suite and ensure that any external clothing they are wearing (sweater, coat, etc) is adequate based on the weather conditions. We also ensure they have they have their necessary walking device(s) such as cane, walker, etc.
4. Your loved one will have complete physical and cognitive assistance for the duration of the outing to help with everything from: transferring in and out of the vehicle, storing walking devices, helping client to understand questions on a form, ensuring that follow-up appointments are recorded, taking general notes regarding the medical appointment (no medical instructions), helping pick-up prescriptions, etc.
5. Upon returning to the residence we ensure that the client is signed back in at the nursing station/desk. If required, we will provide a verbal overview of the appointment (along with any written instructions provided by the doctor). We will then walk them back to there room and once safely in their room, the driver will leave the premise.
Yes. We have the proper legal agreement in place that, as long as it is signed by the client, allows us to relay medical notes taken during appointments to anyone the client deems appropriate for us to do so.
Yes! Wheels for the Wise meets all insurance requirements to operate, including licensing and permits mandated by the city/province.
It will depend on your insurance provider. Ask your provider first, but yes, we do have clients that claim our services, or a portion thereof, though their insurance.
Yes! We understand how important it is for people to feel comfortable with the person they will go out with, so just ask and we will gladly set up a meet and great free of charge. Note: This does not apply for day surgery or hospital discharge transportation services.